Christopher P. Maher, FCAS, MAAA, CIDM
- Designed and implemented multiline, multi-state, multi-company and multi-client web-based insurance processing system.
- Design and implementation of computerized actuarial systems and procedures for rate level analysis, loss reserving, dynamic cash flow testing, insurance company valuations, and reinsurance.
- Design and implementation of computerized insurance company systems and procedures for claims management, application entry, agent quotation, customer service, policy issuance, policy billing, financial statement preparation, and treaty reinsurance accounting.
- Design and implementation of computerized systems for insurance support services such as medical record collection, legal case management, and court reporting services.
- Computer system trouble shooting, system documentation and forensic investigation of computer systems.
- Estimation of expected level funding requirements for self-insured workers’ compensation, commercial automobile, medical malpractice, products liability, and general liability.
- Preparation of rate filings for commercial and private passenger automobile insurance, medical malpractice insurance, and homeowners insurance.
- Reserve adequacy testing for insurance companies, reinsurers, captives and self-insurers (involving various lines of insurance including medical malpractice, commercial and private passenger automobile, all types of property casualty reinsurance, workers’ compensation, environmental and pollution, surety bonds, homeowners, business multiperil, and general and products liability).
- Simulation of claims experience to determine the impact of changes in limits or deductibles and determine probabilities associated with possible future outcomes.
|Master of Science in Computer Science||1986|
|Villanova University||Villanova, PA|
|Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics and Philosophy||1982|
|Eastern College||St. Davids, PA|
Professional Designations and Associations
- Certified Insurance Data Manager (CIDM) - 2012
- Fellow Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS) - 1989
- Member American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA) - 1987
- Member International Actuarial Association - 1988
Software and Hardware
- Microsoft Server 2003, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Microsoft IIS
- ColdFusion, Visual Basic, SQL, Active Server Pages (ASP)
- Homesite Studio, SQL Server Management Studio
- Microsoft XP, Windows 2000, Windows 95/98, Windows NT